Yes, you do need Tenants' Liability Insurance and you are required to provide us with proof of your Tenants' Liability Insurance before your tenancy begins or you will be in breach of the terms of your tenancy agreement.

Sometimes accidents happen, no matter how careful you are to avoid them. If you damage your landlord’s property – including the furniture, fittings and fixtures – you will have to pay for the repair/replacement.

This is known as tenancy liability, and it is a mandatory part of your tenancy agreement. "The Lettings Hub" Tenants' Liability Insurance can cover you for these eventualities. So, if an accident does happen, you won’t need to worry.

"The Lettings Hub" Tenants' Liability Insurance provides up to £5,000 of cover for if you damage your landlord’s property, furniture, fixtures or fittings you'll be protected you when you need it the most (subject to the terms of your insurance policy). Visit to find out more

For your information, we made you aware of the requirement to purchase tenants’ liability insurance at almost every stage of the application process. When you “Made an Offer” you had to check the box to confirm that you understood that it was a requirement and it is detailed as a specific term of your tenancy agreement (please read your tenancy agreement for the specific details).

If your religion does not allow you to hold insurance then an exception to this can be made in special circumstances. Please reply to our request for your proof of tenants' liability insurance stating that your religious beliefs do not allow you to purchase insurance.