It is the tenants’ responsibility to properly handle and dispose of your refuse and recycling according to the government guidelines and council regulations. If you have any questions about this you should contact your local council:

If you live in a block or flats or within a development/estate, there may be special requirements about how you handle your refuse and recycling. For further information on this, please contact the block or estate management company. You can usually find their details on a notice board in the communal hallway of a block of flats or on a notice board somewhere near the entrance of the estate.

Contacting your local council or block/estate management company will help you find out the answers to:

  • Where do my bins go?
  • Where should I put my rubbish or recycling?
  • On what days are the bins emptied?
  • Why wasn’t my bin emptied?
  • How can I arrange for an additional collection if my bin collection was missed?
  • How can I get a new bin?
  • How can I find out which bins belong to my property?
  • and many other similar questions

If you have private rubbish (such as excess waste that the council will not remove, or bulky items such as old furniture) that you would like to have removed from your property, you can hire a private waste collector such as:

  • PJG Service: 07887 406895

Please note any contractor names and contact details are given in good faith, however, we cannot and do not accept any responsibility or liability for anything relating to your use of their services.