Since February 2016, the UK Government requires landlords and letting agents meet all future tenants, in person to make copies of their identity documents (proving that they have the right to live and work/study in the UK).

When applying for a property with us you must send us ‘acceptable copies’ of your required documents at the start of your referencing application, however, YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO VISIT OUR OFFICES IN PERSON WITH YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT AND VISA DOCUMENTS BEFORE THE BALANCE PAYABLE DATE (unless agreed otherwise before).

If your Right to Rent is not unlimited, then you will be required to visit our offices again before the expiry of your right to live and work/study in the UK, to show us proof (original documents) of your new/updated right to live and work/study in the UK. It is YOUR responsibility to arrange this appointment with us and failure to comply may result your tenancy being cancelled and you being reported to the Home Office / Border Agency.

For more information about the types of documents you can use to prove your "Right to Rent", please see the attached file.