Landlords who are resident outside the UK for 6 months or more each year are required to register with HMRC (Revenue and Customs) and are required to use a letting agency who is registered with the Non-Resident Landlord (NRL) Scheme.

Let Me Properties a proud to be very experienced when it comes to dealing with Non-Resident landlords' properties for them. We have a lot of clients who are based abroad and we have been members of the HMRC Non-Resident Landlord (NRL) Scheme for a number of years. Our Non-Resident Landlord (NRL) Scheme Agent Number is "NA 049379"

In order to receive your rent without tax deducted by us, you are required to complete the NRL1 form from HMRC. Click here to complete this online (you'll need our Agent Scheme Number - NA 049379). If you do not receive approval from HMRC then we will have to deduct the maximum tax due from the rent before we pay it to you and pay it to HMRC directly. This is a very unattractive option for landlords because not only are they paying more tax, they are also paying us higher fees because of all the extra work required in these circumstances. For this reason, all of our landlord clients apply for approval to receive their rent without having tax deducted by us.

You'll be able to fill in this form online or via the postal service. After you have successfully completed and sent your NRL1 form to HMRC, they will send us an "Approval Number" letter, giving us authorisation to pay you your rent without tax deducted. Then you will be required (as all landlords are) to submit a Self-Assessment tax return to HMRC each year declaring the income you have received from us (and any other sources).

We too are required to submit a return to HMRC each year, declaring what we have paid you. HMRC will then compare these figures to make sure that Non-Resident Landlords are correctly reporting their rent income. A small additional annual charge applies for being a Non-Resident Landlord, please check our Landlord Terms of Business for more information.

For more information about our Non-Resident Landlord services, please visit