Sometimes you'll run into problems at your property when our offices are closed. This might be overnight, over the weekend, or over a holiday period. Here's what you should do in that situation.
Firstly, you need to work out whether the issue is something your landlord is responsible for (and if we're managing the property for your landlord, then we'll be the one to help if they are). Please click here to read more about who might be responsible for a specific issue.
You can search our support area for assistance with issues that both you and your landlord are responsible for, because a lot of the time tenants are able to resolve issues on their own without any outside help, for instance:
- Dealing with Hot Water and Heating Issues
- Setting the Heating and Hot Water Controls
- Dealing with Electrical Problems, Power Cuts, etc.
- Dishwasher Issues
- Drainage Issues
- Blocked Toilet Issues
- Kitchen Appliance Issues
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Communal Areas Issues
- Damp, Mould, and Excess Condensation Issues
- Lighting Issues
- General Issues (hiring a handyman)
If you have checked here and you have tried to resolve the issue yourself by following our advice in our support area and you still can't resolve the matter, then please report the issue to us by clicking here if you are sure that your landlord is responsible for dealing with it.
We will usually reply to your report within 1 working day (or on the next working day following a weekend of holiday period) for non-emergency issues. For emergency issues, we ask that you report the matter to us by clicking here and following our guidance and then following it up by calling our emergency telephone line (details below).
Contacting us to ensure we deal with your emergency issue out of hours or during holiday periods:
- After submitting your emergency report to us, please call 01727846361 and press option 4 to be connected to our emergency line.
- Please be aware that you will be charged an administration fee of £48 if you call our emergency line when you do not have a legitimate emergency.
- Please follow the advice on the emergency line, for instance, if no one answers the call, you'll hear a voicemail message giving you a mobile number to send a text message to. Please send a text message to that number and wait for 30 minutes before calling the emergency line again.
- If after calling the emergency line multiple times, leaving a voicemail, and sending a text to the number given to you on the emergency line you still can't reach us and you have an emergency at the property you rent from us, you may, in an absolute emergency where there is a serious risk of injury to life or the property, call one of our approved contractors - https://letme.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/35000018417-approved-contractors
What are emergencies that we can help with:
- No Heating/Hot Water during winter (see this article and this article before contacting us)
- No Electricity (see this article before contacting us)
- Bust Pipes, Tanks, and Major Water Escapes - find the stopcock and switch off the mains supply of water to your property then call our emergency number
- Escape of gas or fumes - call National Grid on 0800 111 999
- Electricity emergencies, such as electrical wires/fittings coming into contact with water or posing a serious risk to people, pets, or the property - call National Grid on 0800 40 40 90
- Sewage overflowing into the property - see here (drains) and here (toilets) first - then report to us if these articles do not solve your problem
- Outside doors/windows that need to be secured - if the problem is caused by you or your guests, contact a contractor at your own expense (see below) or if it is caused by a failure of the property or by a criminal/act of god, then report to us.
Please note these contractor names and contact details are given in good faith, however, we cannot and do not accept any responsibility or liability for anything relating to your use of their services
Private Contractors you may wish to use (at your own expense):
Herts Carpet Cleaning: +44(0)7908 594633
Techne Solutions: +44(0)7398223552
ANTS Locksmithing: +44(0)7847517673
Rubbish Clearance / Minor Repairs:
PJG Service: +44(0)7887 406895
Repairs, Painting, Tiling, Flooring, etc.
St Albans Property Maintenance: +44(0)7538 676253
Marian Building Solution: +44(0)7413222008
Carpeting and Flooring:
SK Carpets: +44(0)1727 866696
Window Repairs and Glass:
City Glass: +44(0)1727 862901
- Gas Engineers:
- G A Plumbing and Heating: +44(0)7831491550
- Express Gas and Electrical: +44(0)7944168888
- Point Electrical: +44 (0)1727 757259
When Facing an Emergency Outside of Office Hours:
If you have an emergency at your property and you cannot reach anyone at Let Me Properties - after calling the emergency line (+44(0)1727846361 option 4) at least twice and leaving a voice message and sending a text message. You can call one of our approved contractors above to "make the property safe". They cannot do anything more than making the property safe and inhabitable for you without first speaking with us and getting the landlords' permission. Any costs for these contractors with be your responsibility if you call them out, unless you have our approval, or unless you can prove that the visit was to "make the property safe" and that you had already called the emergency line multiple times, left a voice message, sent a text message (to the telephone number given to you in the voicemail message for the emergency line) and reported this matter to us as an emergency on the online system at http://repairs.letme.it/
We will never pay any invoices to contractors who are not our approved contractors as shown above - therefore, even if you have a legitimate reason for calling a contractor in an emergency and you have followed this process above - if you call someone other than one of the approved contractors above, you will be 100% liable for the cost of the other contractor. For the avoidance of doubt, locking yourself out of your property or losing your keys is YOUR responsibility. Neither your landlord, nor Let Me, will refund you the cost of replacing the lock if this is the case. If you believe the lock is broken, you must use ANTS Locksmithing to repair/replace the lock. If he reports to us that the lock was not broken then you will remain liable for his costs.
Remember, if you report an issue to us and it turns out to be something that you should have done yourself or it is something that is caused by your (or your visitors) actions or failure to act, then you will be liable for the contractor charges.
For more information on the suggested steps above, you can search online to find articles that might be helpful. Our advice is provided in good faith, without any liability accepted by us. You should follow any suggestions with care and attention and if you do not have the skills or know-how required to carry out your tenant-like responsibilities then you ask a competent friend or hire someone to help you.