Please carefully follow our moving our guidance (click here). Failure to follow our guidance WILL cost you money from your deposit.
The process of moving out successfully (VERY IMPORTANT):
- Step One: Hand in your official written notice (or receive official notice from us).
- Step Two: Book and confirm your check-out appointment
- Step Three: Move out of the property and remove all of your belongings and any rubbish AT LEAST TWO DAYS BEFORE the check-out appointment
- Step Four: Have the property professionally cleaned by one of our recommended cleaning companies (click here) - It is vitally important that you book this service urgently. You need to give the professional cleaning company as much notice as possible or else they may not be able to help you on the day you need them.
- Step Five: Return to the property after the cleaning is completed to check their work, pay them, and lock the property up in preparation for your check-out appointment (which should be the next day).
- Step Six: Return to the property on the day of your check-out appointment - arrive at least 15 minutes early to ensure you are not late.
- Step Seven: After your check-out appointment has been completed, you can complete the required form to officially request your deposit back (click here for more information).
Please make sure that the property is COMPLETELY READY to be handed back at the START of this appointment - ALL YOUR ITEMS REMOVED, ALL RUBBISH REMOVED, ALL DAMAGE YOU HAVE CREATED REPAIRED, AND ALL PROFESSIONAL CLEANING COMPLETED.
Please meet at the clerk at the property at the above time to be checked out of the property, you must be completely moved out and the property must be ready to hand back at the start of the appointment or you will be charged to re-book this appointment and may face large costs for extra rent and rehousing new tenants who are due to move in after you have vacated.
It is vitally important that you have moved out and have the property ready at the start time of this appointment to ensure that there are no issues for new tenants. During this appointment you will have the chance to give your input on the inventory checkout report, your closing meter readings will be taken, and you will be required to hand back ALL THE KEYS AND ANY RELEVANT PERMITS AND DOCUMENTS FOR THE PROPERTY. The furniture and any other items provided with the property (if any) must be returned to the correct position (as listed on the inventory Check-in Report). Charges will apply for anything that is not returned and for anything that is not returned in the correct order.
You will not be given the opportunity to enter the property again to set anything right, therefore, if you fail to properly clean the property or place the furniture back in the correct positions (if any), you will be charged the reasonable costs for making this right. You will not be given the opportunity to return any keys, furnishings, or any other items (if any) after the check-out appointment has started, these will be considered missing and you will be charged the cost of replacing them.
ATTENDING THE CHECK-OUT APPOINTMENT:
You do not have to attend the appointment if you don't want to, however, then you will need to make arrangements with us to drop all keys to our office in a sealed envelope at least 1 working day before the check-out appointment so that we can give your keys to the inventory clerk on the morning of your appointment. If you are renting as part of a group, then one person may attend this appointment on behalf of everyone else as long as they have everyone else's keys. If you do not return all of the keys at the check-out appointment then you will be charged for changing all affected locks.
Please read and follow the above guidance and the more detailed moving our guidance (click here) carefully and fully - This will help you get back as much of your deposit as possible!